Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms.
WanderungYou like to hike across the Galebrunne? Please explain The local people describes Galebrunne as the alp that, after an immense rock fall, sits highly enthroned above the talus of Ritzingerfeld. Like from an eyrie you enjoy a gorgeous sight into the beginning of Rhone valley at your feet and across ...
WanderungAs a convenient one day excursion of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) the partial route from Reckingen to Niederwald can be suggested. The forest gives pleasant briskness to the hiker on hot summer days. In the cooling shadow of the trees you hike acrosss sunlit area of Obergoms and listen to the murmur ...
WanderungAs convenient one day hike of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) there would be the section from Oberwald to Reckingen. The forest gives shadow and protects the hiker from hot sun rays. Down in the valley sunburnt villages and dreamy hamlets are located.
WanderungThis is a historic trading route on which cheese has been transported to the south. The cheese has been very popular for longer boat trips as it is very durable.
WanderungOur trails begins at Reckingen train station and leads to picturesque wooden bridge over the river Rotten. Here we follow the guidepost for the hiking trail in direction to Mannlibode. On a small road we reach small river Blinne which we cross and follow for a few hundred metres. In a clearing the ...
WanderungOn the trails of the old traders from pass Grimsel to Obergesteln. On the old trade route the path leads down from pass Grimsel to Rhone valley to Obergesteln. Again and again one encounters areas where the old trail paving (natural paving or large covers of stony pavers) still remains there. The ...
WanderungToday you like to fly high! Searching freedom on mountain peak and vastness of broad panorama above the alps. At your feet the young Rhone river flows embedded in beautiful valley bottom of Obergoms. Heavens Blue reflects itself in impressive Distel lake. The effort pays itself off!
ThemenpfadA protective forest offers protection for people and infrastructure against natural hazards like e.g. avalanches or falling rocks. In Goms the biggest part of forest area is identified as a protective forest. In the course of time the demands towards a protective forest have gone up. Growing ...
ThemenpfadOn the village square at Baschi-memorial there is a red information pillar. This is the starting point for the cultural route. In a shelf brochures free of charge are laid out. Therein the buildings are described in more details. On these particular buildings (see village map) there is a panel with ...
ThemenpfadTake a Kneipp cure to get healthy. The longest natural Kneipp trail of Switzerland harmonizes body and soul.
WanderungFar beyond the valley the alpine pathway leads from Grimsel mountain pass to lake Trützi and from there downwards to Geschinen. Alongside with breath- taking views on the wild and romantic mountain landscape this hike stands out due to its 9 clear mountain lakes! This demanding route can be ...