Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungAs convenient one day hike of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) there would be the section from Oberwald to Reckingen. The forest gives shadow and protects the hiker from hot sun rays. Down in the valley sunburnt villages and dreamy hamlets are located.
WanderungThis is a historic trading route on which cheese has been transported to the south. The cheese has been very popular for longer boat trips as it is very durable.
WanderungA great hike with breath-taking panorama to Rhone glacier, glaciers of Lauteraar- and Finsteraarhorn. This hike is a part of Four Headwaters Trail.
WanderungFar beyond the valley the alpine pathway leads from Grimsel mountain pass to lake Trützi and from there downwards to Geschinen. Alongside with breath- taking views on the wild and romantic mountain landscape this hike stands out due to its 9 clear mountain lakes! This demanding route can be ...
WanderungFlowered natural meadows, bright larch forest and alpine flora rich in species accompany you on the way to unique Münstiger sun terrace. The hospitality of mountain hut Galmihorn and 360° broad panorama reimburse you for the effort of climbing up. The wilde and romantic Bächi valley welcomes ...
WanderungAs a convenient one day excursion of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) the partial route from Reckingen to Niederwald can be suggested. The forest gives pleasant briskness to the hiker on hot summer days. In the cooling shadow of the trees you hike acrosss sunlit area of Obergoms and listen to the murmur ...
WanderungA leisurely hike through meadows and forest from Obergoms into Unnergoms. The trail leads on a beautifully footpath from Niederwald past the chapel St. Anna to Fürgangen. From here, it is not far to Fiesch.
WanderungThe more or less even pathway Rottenweg, alongside young Rhone river is perfect to explore Obergoms. At one point across wide meadows, at another point through sparse forest the Rottenweg leads from village to village. This pleasant hiking path therefore really invites to discover gastronomy of ...
WanderungToday you like to fly high! Searching freedom on mountain peak and vastness of broad panorama above the alps. At your feet the young Rhone river flows embedded in beautiful valley bottom of Obergoms. Heavens Blue reflects itself in impressive Distel lake. The effort pays itself off!
WanderungThis circular hike offers a matchless sight on the Rhone glacier, to lake Grimsel and across the area of Obergoms. It starts at alpine Furkapass and first a gentle pathway that becomes steeper leads upwards to Tällilücke. A short length still further upwards you reach the Tällistock. Then the ...