Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungFlowered natural meadows, bright larch forest and alpine flora rich in species accompany you on the way to unique Münstiger sun terrace. The hospitality of mountain hut Galmihorn and 360° broad panorama reimburse you for the effort of climbing up. The wilde and romantic Bächi valley welcomes ...
WanderungYou like to hike across the Galebrunne? Please explain The local people describes Galebrunne as the alp that, after an immense rock fall, sits highly enthroned above the talus of Ritzingerfeld. Like from an eyrie you enjoy a gorgeous sight into the beginning of Rhone valley at your feet and across ...
WanderungThe small lake Bru is situated in a secluded part of wild and romantic alpine landscape of Obergoms. After a climbing rich in vertical metres departing from Biel allow yourself an extensive rest at chilly lake Bru before you walk further on along the track. Hiking past the rocky Honeggerhorn you get ...
WanderungYou feel like hiking apart from beaten pathways? Then set off for discovering beautiful Stockji-peak! Enormous scenic pleasurable experience as well as a stunning far view on mountains and valleys are guaranteed for you!
WanderungThe Furka Höhenweg (Swiss Regional Route Nr. 51) leads in two stages of Andermatt over the Furka pass to Oberwald. The stage Andermatt - Furka pass leads past the rocky south-eastern slopes of Urserental and grants keen sights to Hospental and Realp and the historic Furka steam train. Alpine ...
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms. As a comfortable one day hike of Gommer Höhenweg the section from Oberwald to Münster can be chosen.
WanderungAs a convenient one day excursion of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) the partial route from Reckingen to Niederwald can be suggested. The forest gives pleasant briskness to the hiker on hot summer days. In the cooling shadow of the trees you hike acrosss sunlit area of Obergoms and listen to the murmur ...
WanderungThis is a historic trading route on which cheese has been transported to the south. The cheese has been very popular for longer boat trips as it is very durable.
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms.
WanderungAlpine circular hike on to a wonderful rewarding summit with view to 4000 metres mountains of Valais and the glaciers of Aare.